Not only is this pizza recipe super nutritious, it's very delicious and only takes about 20 minutes.
Double or triple the amount for family. Serve with a side salad.
by G. Blankenship, CNE, CSNA, PTSMakes 1 or 2 servings
- 2 small wraps or 1 large wrap
- Olive oil to cover wrap
- Pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 – 4 sprigs oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 6 – 7 thin sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 5 thin slices sweet potato
- 6 whole black olives, sliced
- 1 – 2 cups spinach, cut in strips
- 2 thin slices of red onion, pull apart to
- keep in circle
- Bite-sized cooked chicken, cooked turkey, or chicken burger
- Top with low fat mozzarella or goat cheese or dairy alternative such as mozzarella Daiya
Directions:Preheat oven to 350°F. Place wraps on pizza pan or on parchment lined
cookie sheet. Spread a thin layer of olive oil on wrap. Next spread as much
sauce as you enjoy on wrap. Sprinkle basil (save some for top of pizza),
oregano and thyme. Add meat, vegetables (except spinach), olives. Top
with spinach and cheese. Before the edges of the wrap get crisp, add
remaining basil, put back in oven and cook until cheese is melted and edges are starting to crisp. About 15-20 minutes.