By Leslie Gordon Christie. Serves 4. Prep Time: 5 min. Cook Time: overnight
Looking for a quick and delicious breakfast that's also gluten and dairy-free? Give this recipe a try. Whip up the pudding in just five minutes, and then store in the fridge overnight. In the morning you'll have a nutritious meal all ready to go:) Enjoy!
2 cups coconut milk
½ cup chia seeds
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup honey
½ cup mixed berries (I use frozen organic)
- Begin by adding the coconut milk to a high-speed blender.
- Follow with honey, vanilla and mixed berries.
- Blend on medium for one minute.
- Add chia seeds and whisk.
- Pour into one large glass jar, or four smaller jars for individual servings.
- Place in fridge to set. This process takes at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- Be sure to shake a few times within the first hour to help it set evenly.
What kind of coconut milk should I buy?
I actually make my own! (Recipe coming soon!) But when I'm in a hurry, I'll purchase from a store. Make sure it's carrageenan-free.
Why chia seeds?
They're small but mighty! These little seeds are packed full of vital nutrients and help fight inflammation. They also have fibre, calcium, and are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. In addition to chia pudding, you can add to smoothies, use to top a salad, or create a "chia paste" and use as an egg substitute in baking.