We help professional women over 40 get fit through our proven 5-step formula so they can feel younger, stronger, and have more confidence.
If the weather's got you down, and you're feeling a little blah, you're not alone.
Often as the temperature drops, motivation does too.
The good news is it's almost over!:) And in the meantime we have some simple tricks to help you shift the focus from cold and snowy to positive thoughts of motivation, success, and feeling amazing.
Here are 5 ways to get energized.
- SET A GOAL
- MOTIVATIONAL PODCASTS OR AUDIOBOOKS
- REALIZE THIS IS A PROCESS
- KEEP IT SIMPLE, AND GO BACK TO THE "3" BASICS
- Water. If it's low you'll feel sluggish and more hungry. Get your water up to 2 to 3 L a day and notice your cravings dissipate. (The formula is 1 oz per kilogram of body weight.)
- Exercise. How many workouts are you getting in a week? The more you move, the better you'll feel. If things are busy at work or home, do "mini" workouts at night or during the day. Start with five minutes, but commit to doing something each night. For example, 12 pushups, 12 crunches, 10 mountain climbers - done! Soon your motivation returns and you feel great!
- Sleep. Going to bed and waking up at the same time each day will regulate your body and give you more energy. If you have trouble falling asleep and unwinding, check out evening meditations. (I use an app called Omvana.)