By Leslie Gordon Christie
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 12 servings (go easy!)
A yummy on-the-go snack! Made with whole ingredients like rolled oats and nut butter, these little balls pack a nutritious punch while keeping you energized until your next meal. Great for school snacks (nut-free version), after workouts, or on the way home from work!:)
**Caution** These little snacks are addicting! Limit your serving to just two, as they also contain natural sweeteners that can spike your blood sugar when consumed in large amounts.
- 1-cup almond butter (If nut-free, you can use sunflower seed butter)
- ¼-cup real maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½-cups of gluten free rolled oats
- ½-cup unsweetened shredded coconut (organic if possible)
- 1/3-cup vegan chocolate chips (you can find at your local health food store or the health food section of your grocery store)
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp. protein powder
- 2-4 Tsp. of water or additional vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add the nut butter, maple syrup or honey, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Add the oats, coconut, chia seeds, hemp seeds, protein powder and salt. Stir again until well mixed. Then add the chocolate chips. (If the mixture doesn’t stay together when pinched, add additional water or vanilla, one teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.)
- Use a melon baller or your hands to make one-inch balls and place on a plate.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week or freeze for later use.