Our next session starts this coming week! Here are some tips to help you get motivated, inspired and on-track to reaching your goals.
1. Toss the Temptations and Prepare for Success Give it away, bring it to work, just get it out of your house! Eliminating those high fat, high sugar foods will make it easier to stay on track. Next, fill your cupboards with healthy foods and get back to the basics: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and healthy snacks like Greek yogurt and cottage cheese are excellent choices.
2. Eat Breakfast and Include Protein A well-balanced breakfast will help reduce hunger throughout the day, and help you make better food choices because you feel more satisfied. Make sure to include lean protein in your breakfast like eggs or a protein shake, as well as a complex carbohydrate like oatmeal. Protein and fibre will keep you feeling full longer.
3. Drink Up: More Water Research shows we often confuse hunger and thirst. Also, when we don't get enough water, we tend to hold onto it in all the wrong places (thighs, ankles, midsection). By increasing your water, your body will come to expect it and let go of all of the extra you've been holding onto. A general guideline? Eight to 10 glasses a day, or four of those 500 ml water bottles. Also pay attention to when you are thirsty.
4. Get Moving and Do Something You Enjoy Hit the treadmill, head out on the slopes, or lace up those skates. Regular exercise will help blast away those holiday calories, improve your heart function, and make you feel fantastic. To shed those unwanted inches make sure you include resistance training. The more muscle you have, the more calories you can burn at rest. This includes exercises like squats, lunges, and pushups. We love HIIT (or high intensity interval training) at The Buff Mom.
5. Think Positively: Focus on What You Can Do, See opportunity instead of limitations. Look for the positive in others, and tell yourself why you CAN. A healthy body begins with a healthy mindset, when you change your perspective, what you see changes too.