Congratulations on completing week one of our Spring Inch Loss Challenge! Have you set your goal yet? Goals give your life purpose and direction, and help you more easily achieve your desired outcome.
Do you want to drop two sizes, run your first 5 K, or prep for an adventure race? With these goals, please be specific: For example, instead of “I want to lose inches”, BE specific. How many inches? “I want to get more fit.” becomes, “I want to do a full class without stopping.”
Next, build that image in your mind. Ask yourself, if I achieved this, how would my life change?
Taking action is the next step. We need to get our game plan organized. Here are some tips to get you started. Choose one or two to focus on this week.
1) Eat Breakfast: It will boost your metabolism.
2) Try to have lean protein with each meal. Good choices include: chicken, fish, turkey, whey protein, Greek yogurt, and eggs.)
3) Watch the sugar! Read labels and choose low-sugar foods. Choose fresh fruit or water over juice.
4) Water! Aim for 8 to 10 glasses a day. Most people think they’re hungry when they're really thirsty.
5) Ditch the processed food and choose healthy whole grains loaded with fibre.
6) Workout: Not just in class, but at home too. It’s recommended that you workout three to four times a week. For a well-balanced, effective program, go to The Buff Mom Members Area. You can also print the workouts.
7) Healthy Mindset: Instead of focusing on where you are now, see yourself as having already achieved the goal.
Whatever your small step, WRITE it down. This action sends a powerful message to the subconscious mind that you mean business :) What can you do right now in this moment to move you closer to your goal? Remember, it's all about small steps. “It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.” Chinese Proverb
1. Exercise and Nutrition:
Here is the link to your workout for this week. Play Fisher Mill. Please perform 3 to 4 resistance workouts a week. Stay on track with nutrition with our Reset and Energize Meal Plan. The full 7-day program can be found here. Not yet a member of The Buff Mom Members Area? Become a subscriber here.
2. Life Coaching Corner:
Have you done your Wellness Wheel? This is a great exercise to help you clarify your goals and vision. It only takes a few moments to complete. You can find the full exercise in the Get Started Now Podcast. Vision Boards are a great way to stay motivated and inspired. For more on how to make one, and why they work, play Create Your Vision Podcast.