A great healthy recipe, that works great on the grill. A household favourite because it tastes like a gourmet burger. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Buns: Ingredients:
- 1 to 2 large sweet potatoes (sliced)
- Avocado or coconut oil
To make Sweet Potato Buns:
- Slice sweet potatoes. Keep the skin on. Rub coconut or avocado oil on both sides, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and place sweet potatoes on sheet. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- 1-lb extra lean or lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup zesty Italian dressing (we've used Kraft)
To make Sliders:
- Lightly combine all ingredients.
- Gently form into small patties, about the size of the sweet potato buns.
- Cook patties over medium heat on lightly greased grill until a meat thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each patty reads at least 160°F (71°C).
- Place slider on top of sweet potato slice. Top with smashed avocado, onion, a slice of tomato, a small serving of mayo and ketchup. Place a sweet potato slice on top.
Serve with grilled veggies and a large salad!